I’m all about my green smoothies; the slimier looking the better! I’ve grown to enjoy the odd looks I get whilst chugging down my 32oz jars of ‘pond scum’… little does everyone know, these nutrient-dense green concoctions are also freaking delicious. Don’t believe me? try it yourself! I wouldn’t lie to you :)
'Super green' smoothie recipe: (clever name, huh?)
- 4 cups of organic spinach
- 3 ripe red bananas
- 2 ripe yellow bananas
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 generous teaspoon of spirulina
- enough water to blend
- toasted flax seeds and sprouts for garnish (optional)
- Combine spinach and water. Blend until smooth.
- Add all bananas and blend until smooth, adding water as needed.
- Add frozen pineapple & spirulina. blend smooth, add water if needed.
- Pour in to a large glass jar or bottle, top with garnish.
- Drink up! Get those digestive juices flowing by chewing periodically.
High in vitamins E, K, A and C, Potassium, Iron, Magneseum, Maganese, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Panthonic Acid and vitamin B6- this nutritious smoothie is like a healing wonder tonic for the cells. Restoring balance and repairing the body from the inside out.