I often get asked what my grocery list looks like so I thought I’d put together a rough list of what I normally shop for… Please suspend your judgements!
**If you’re one of those people whom, after reading this list, still plan to send me some scathing message saying ”you don’t eat enough!” or “you have to be rich to eat like that!” please note that I manage to feed two very active adults a pure plant foods, high raw diet on a budget of less that $400.00 a month, and food is literally the ONLY THING I spend my money on BY CHOICE. I believe health is your greatest wealth and I’m more than happy to invest. ;) For an idea of what my meals look like you can browse through these posts.**
I always buy a lot of:
- Greens. Kale, chard, spinach, cabbage and romaine. Anything on sale.
- Fruit. Bananas, melons, apples and oranges. Anything on sale.
- Frozen fruit. Mango, pineapple and strawberries.
- Veg. Zucchini, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions.
- Dates. Medjool and pitted Deglet Noor.
I usually buy some:
- Raw nuts. Almonds and fair trade cashews.
- Dried shredded coconut.
- Canned organic beans. Garbanzo, black and kidney.
- Dried herbs as needed. (basil, oregano, garlic powder, etc.)
As an occasional treat I might buy:
- Organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- Dried pineapple and persimmon pieces
- 1 organic fair-trade dark chocolate bar
- 1 box of herbal tea
- 1 package of sprouted tortillas
I realize not everyone will have access to all the foods I’ve listed above. That being said, I hope this list can serve as a general guide to what an inexpensive, mostly raw vegan shopping trip can look like. Later! ~ ea