One of my favorite snacks right now: raw pecans and medjool dates. I like to tear the dates in half and stuff them with the pecans… tastes like pecan pie! Full of good fat, fiber, vitamins and essential minerals including potassium, iron, magnesium and zinc. Yum. (Taken with Instagram)
Triple portion (this is a deceptively large bowl) of vegan spinach spaghetti Bolognese to feed my growing muscles.
106milestochicago asked: I know you probably get this a lot (and you don't have to answer it if you don't want to) What does an average day/week in meals look like for you?
I do get asked this a lot, haha :) but it’s no bother!
Lately my day in meals looks something like this:
- 32oz peppermint tea upon waking to tone the digestive organs, hydrate and “wake up” my system.
- A huge (approx. 4 “servings”) bowl of organic oats cooked with mashed banana, peanut butter, coconut sugar, cinnamon and almond milk.
Snack on my walk to work:
- Large smoothie of bananas, ice, kale, almond butter, almond milk and a scoop of Vega protein powder.
- 20oz smoothie of frozen strawberries, frozen mango, kale, ginger, almond butter, almond milk and hemp protein.
- 32oz herbal tea to hydrate and stay warm (it’s really cold at work)
- Something cooked and filling. Mostly vegetables; usually a starchy carbohydrate like potatoes, or a grain like quinoa or brown rice served with steamed kale and a protein entree like tempeh or chickpea cutlets. Or homemade chili and cornbread. Or gluten free pizza and a large mixed salad. Whatever I’m feeling like cooking up at the end of the day.
- Sometimes coconut or almond milk ice cream topped with cacao nibs and shredded coconut, sometimes nothing. I’ve been baking more often lately so maybe some homemade cookies and almond milk or a slice of banana bread with tea. Or homemade maca hot chocolate w/ vegan marshmallows.
Cheers! ~ ea
Fresh berries with So Delicious vanilla coconut Greek yogurt, coconut sugar, cinnamon and shredded coconut.
Gluten free oatmeal cookies with Maca and mulberries. Raw truffles. Hazelnut cacao and coconut cacao.
Cinnamon molasses oats with sliced Opal apple, wild blueberry jam, oat milk and raw date sugar. Basking in the wonderful aroma of a freshly finished batch of “Holiday Spiced Lime” soy candles (coming to www.etsy.com/shop/byEA soon).
Breakfast: homemade fig bread (posted the recipe yesterday) with wild blueberry jam. Coffee w/ oat milk.